Sunday, February 17, 2013

Reassurance.

Living in the bible belt as an atheist can sometimes feel lonely.  You're often misunderstood and it's difficult to express your true self sometimes in fear of retribution.  However, this weekend I made some contact with people who think along the same lines I do, and it felt pretty good.  It was a way to reaffirm that it's not me against the world, life can feel that way sometimes down here as a non believer.

It's getting  better and better, life is definitely on the up and up.   I got some painting done today and I've been pretty consistent with keeping the house organized.  Keeping things tidy gives positive energy the room to move through the house.  I've also been putting forth a better effort of maintaining my appearance, shoot, I even painted my finger nails.  (Granted they're black, but let's not focus on the details).

Oh and one more thing.  The Atheist Movement is growing down here.  I saw several examples this weekend.  It's such a wonderful feeling.

Peace and chicken grease.

                                             Sadie enjoying her first bowl of yogurt.

 Still practicing depth, movement and brush strokes.  This one started out as a symbol of my soul awakening and peering up at the world.  Then yes, it turned into a rainbow...  (sigh).
I decided to paint Bob a picture this Valentines Day instead of getting him a card.  I messed up a little but still proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment