Saturday, February 2, 2013

Crosses. The fashion accessory that keeps getting resurrected.

I work for a local jewelry store in town and it never fails, the women who buy crosses are always the snottiest, rudest people to me.  One would think that they would be the most humble, considering they're buying an image of their precious savior's murder but nooooo.

What is it about wearing crosses anyway?  Even when I was a christian the image of the cross always bothered me for multiple reasons.  1.  It's a symbol of murder.  Let's say if someone I love was murdered by a butcher knife while protecting me (i.e. sacrificing themselves for me) the LAST thing I would do is wear a replica of said butcher knife around my neck in remembrance   2.  People use them as just another piece of jewelry.  They don't care about the significance behind it, however morbid it may be.  Maybe it wouldn't get on my nerves as much if they actually tried to be Christ-like while wearing one, but oh no.  That just doesn't happen.  Nope.  It's always the uppity housewives or even worse, the horny drugged out teenagers that want them.

It's like they just want to play the part of a Christian without having to do any of the real work that goes along with it.  It's a way to make them feel good about themselves without having to do any good.

Living in the Bible Belt, you hardly ever see Star of David pendants.  So of course we get to hear about this from the Jewish ladies.  It's discrimination blah blah blah.  You know what?  You are absolutely right, that's why I feel that we shouldn't sell either of them.  No religious jewelry AT ALL.  None.  Nada.  Now, go volunteer at a hospital like Jesus would do YAH FREAK!!

On a lighter note, I had an awesome girl's night last night.  Granted, all we did was drink and do laundry but hey, we're moms right?  What, are we going to go out clubbing or something?  Psssh.  Ain't nobody got time for that!!!  Until next time,

Peace and chicken grease.

Just because I'm a mom doesn't mean I still ain't go it!  I can sin with the best of them, in fact, I perfected the art!!

No comments:

Post a Comment