Friday, January 25, 2013

Feeling almost back to normal.

Today was such a good day and I totally needed it.  I relaxed with Miss Fussypants all day and now she's off to Mamaw Cookies and for the first time in a long time, the house is peaceful.

Since I've met more people like me, the anger is pretty much gone.  Everyday I wake up with a new sense of hope and responsibility.  It's been way to long since I've felt like that.  I'm so ready for the changes that are coming up in my life I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve.  Just waiting, waiting, almost there, just a little while longer.

I've been exploring more into spirituality.  One belief that I just could not give up was that we all have a soul/energy force that stays with us.  While I don't believe the bible's interpretation of souls, I do believe that I have one and it's begging to be fed.  But with what?  Mediation?  I would love to, but I can't get myself to relax enough for it.  I've tried.  I'm not sure yet as to what I'm looking for, but I know I'm looking for something.

I've become good friends with someone here recently that literally could be an older sister for me.  She's got a lot of Native American in her and she is a dreamer.  Another good friend of mine can sense when something is wrong with someone she's close to.  (and she even proved that with me the other night when I called her frightened about something.  I tried to play it cool but she saw right through it).

Plus all of the people I've added from RR on Facebook.  It may not seem like much to some, but to see that there ARE people in my situation all over the world has given me so much hope.  It's really started to turn my life around.  I'm almost...what's that word?  Happy?  Huh?  Who woulda thunk it?



Another personal heroine of mine.  I read an article the other day that wanted to know where all the millineal feminists were.  Well, I'm right here.  I still speak my mind, and I will never be silenced, (least of all by some MAN), but thanks to the feminists before me, I don't have to fight as hard as they did.  Now, don't get me wrong, if things start going back to how they use to be, I WILL fight tooth and nail for my rights (especially over MY body), but the road has been cleared.  I am able to walk freely down it thanks to these brave women.  So, I'm right here waiting.  Waiting for an opportunity to have something to march and protest about.

Le sigh.
Peace and chicken grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment