Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Good convos

So while at work today I had an excellent conversation with some of my co workers.  Somehow we got on the topic of religion (I was totally not the one who instigated it this time).  Well, a lady who is a practicing Catholic told me that when her daughter was seven years old, she was killed by a drunk driver and if it wasn't for her faith, she would have been a nutcase.  I can totally respect that and I feel that that is some of the good that religion can do.  If you're going through something as traumatic as that, it gives you a little bit of hope.  Granted, it will never take the pain completely away and nothing ever will, but she found comfort in thinking that she will see her little girl again.

Never once did she act like I was evil for not believing, and for a Catholic I say that's pretty open minded.  I told her that I have the upmost respect for her.  And I do.

Oh, and today Knoxville was voted the most Bible friendly city in the U.S.  Can someone please shoot me in the head before guns are outlawed?????

All in all, it was a good day.  I am getting to know more agnostics and atheists and I'm starting to build a community.  I think that's what I need more than anything right now.

Peace and chicken grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment